Monday, February 20, 2017

Meal Planning Monday 2017 - Week 8

Last week was a bit of a strange week. Our boiler broke down, and me, my husband and our cat moved in with his mum for a whole week! I don’t know what we would have done without her – luckily she had a spare room, likes cats and was generous enough to share her home with us. It took a week for the boiler to be repaired following a catalogue of disasters – we told our home insurer we’d had to move out as the house was uninhabitable since it was so cold, and that the engineer needed to ring when he was on his way (we were only five minutes away at my mother-in-law’s). Of course, the engineer didn’t ring and since we weren’t home, went away again, and wasn’t able to come back until the next day. Then the engineer came with the wrong parts – twice! – making me wonder if the boiler was ever going to be fixed. It was finally working so after a week we were able to move back into our own house - for one night until the boiler failed again! This time they fixed it the next day, but I'm starting to think we need a new boiler..
 
 
Monday
Lunch: pitta bread with tuna
chicken chargrills for him, leftover homemade lasagne from the freezer for me
 
Tuesday- I’m working from home
Lunch: macaroni cheese on toast
Dinner: slow cooker parmesan chicken and potatoes from this recipe:
 
Wednesday
Lunch:Salad
Out in the evening with friends
 
Thursday
Lunch: salad
Delia’s creole prawns with rice for me, chicken curry for him (will freeze the other half)
 
Friday
I’m working from home due to work as I need to be working from 6am and I normally have an hour and a half commute (the company I work for is announcing its financial results)
Lunch- cheese on toast
 
Saturday
Lunch: bacon sandwich
Dinner beef medallion steaks
 
Sunday
Lunch TBA - might go and visit my sister and niece today
Dinner TBA
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment