Monday, June 2, 2014

Heart-Shaped Cake Balls




I described in a previous post how I made my own Rolo chocolates from a mould provided by the Dot Com Gift Shop. They also sent me a heart-shaped mould and some heart-shaped petit four cases to review.



I decided not to make chocolates this time however and instead make cake pops. Usually these are on sticks but they taste so delicious I don't see why you couldn't just make them as bite-sized nibbles and enjoy them that way. I had made a chocolate cake that was part of the same project, which you will be able to read about shortly, and had to trim the cake a bit. So I had some leftover cake trimmings which I crumbled up into a bowl.






I mixed it with some chocolate buttercream to make a dough.






Simply press the mixture into the moulds and place in the fridge for a little while to firm up.






As the mould is silicon it is completely flexible, making it very easy to turn the shapes out. You could also dip them in melted chocolate to coat them.






The Dot Com Gift Shop also sent me these mini heart-shaped petit four cases, which are just the right size to use with the mould.






Simply place the cake shapes or your chocolates into the cases to serve.






Disclaimer: I was sent these products free of charge by the Dot Com Gift Shop. I was not asked to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment