Saturday, June 28, 2014

Beef and Black Bean Stew




Having a slow cooker is very useful, as it means I can put something on in the morning and come home to a meal that would have taken ages to cook otherwise. In the spirit of the World Cup, I found a Brazilian recipe for a beef and black bean stew.



I had a packet of cubed stewing beef that I put in the slow cooker along with half a can of black beans, a large squeeze of tomato puree, a small squeeze of garlic puree, a quarter of a teaspoon of chilli powder, half an onion (chopped) and two cups of water.








I put the slow cooker onto 'auto' setting, which means it cooks for about 4 hours then keeps the food warm until you are ready to eat.






I served it with some Jersey royal potatoes and vegetables, though I guess rice might have been more traditional.






I'm sending this to Chris at Cooking Around The World for his World Cup challenge.





0 comments:

Post a Comment