Sunday, February 9, 2014

Restaurant Review- Bar Remo, Princes Street, London




Restaurant name: Bar Remo

Location: Princes Street, London

Description: Low-key Italian restaurant in the heart of London near Oxford Circus; according to the website, it has been run by the same family for over 90 years.

Reason for visit: Dinner before a show at the nearby London Palladium - Ros from The More Than Occasional Baker and I went to see Rick Stein Live.






I ate: Lasagne al forno, £8.45, followed by tiramisu, £4

My companion ate: I can't remember the exact name but I think it was papardelle with mushrooms in a tomato sauce, followed by the same dessert.






The food was: Simple but very tasty with very large portions. The tiramisu tasted properly home made and the lasagne was piping hot and very filling.

The atmosphere/service was: It's a small restaurant with relatively basic seating but comfortable enough and it has a very down-to-earth, unpretentious atmosphere.






Price range/value for money: Very good, the portions were very large and reasonably priced - I would have expected to pay more.

Would I recommend it? Yes, it's near Oxford Circus but a little bit away from the main bustle of the shopping streets so it would be a great place to stop for lunch while you are shopping, or for a pre-theatre dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment